Most people would thing this red tape means, “Caution.” Others, know that discounted items are often key recipe ingredients waiting to be discovered. In fact, this tape looks very similar to a beauty pageant sash!
I turned these bananas into two awesome (erg…. patting myself on the back) recipes.
The first was banana bread because J was still drooling over Paula Deen’s idea of a Banana Bread Peanut Butter Sandwich. I couldn’t let Paula Deen best me – I’ll take that Southern Lady DOWN!!! hmmm… competitive much?
1. Microwave 5 ripe bananas for 5 minutes, until mushy
2. Drain juices until you get about 1/2 cup (15 minutes)
3. Grind 2 Tbsp chia seeds & mix with 1/2 cup water
4. Reduce banana juice on the stove until thick & sticky (5 min at med-high heat)
5. Mix together 3/4 cup brown sugar, chia eggs, 1/2 cup pb, banana syrup, & bananas
6. Pour into 1 3/4 cup of flour, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp table salt
7. Pour into a loaf pan and sprinkle with 1.5 Tbsp of raw sugar
8. Bake at 350 for about an hour or until a toothpick comes out clean
9. Make into “the most awesome PB&J sandwich!”
10. Be the best girlfriend ever and show the man you love that you appreciate him.